Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hues of nightvisions and daydreams...

So I started a new painting that I plan to donate to an auction to raise money for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale. I had thought about this thing for a few days...I lay awake in my bed morphing the painting on the backs of my eyelids, changing the composition, subject matter, colors etc...over and over again. Finally I just started it and started with a few washes of blues...and the next day brought it to the art room where I teach. It's in the back of the room, propped up on the counter and cabinets, and I found myself looking into the details of the washes just the way I always have ....and all of my ideas gave way to the new visions I was seeing in the layered and tempered hues of blue. So I stayed late the other night and after work began painting into it...

No comments:

Post a Comment